Saturday, February 27, 2021

Welcome!

I have found myself coming back to a love I let go for a season in my life. The love of writing. Not only do I get out my thoughts, but I capture the daily life of my family, prayers both answered and still to be answered, joys and sorrows in our lives. Writing/journaling becomes an outlet that lets me put onto paper what my mind unpacks nightly. It lets me dive into topics I try to escape at times out of pure laziness or fear. I struggle to find this time to pour back into my love of writing, but the time feels right. So, let's take this journey together as I refelect on where God has brought me over the years and see where He is leading me next. One thing I know about being a Christ follower: you need both grit and grace to get through this life. He allows us to build up the grit we need to handle all that life throws our way by the tiny struggles we have along the way. Those little disappointments grow our grit to handle the big stuff in time. Oh and there is big stuff! It is brutal! But God's grace is what carries us through it all. I am eager to unpack a few thoughts before I start sharing about my own journey with grit and grace. First, I am a wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt and teacher. I have PCOS and have never been able to have biological children, but am blessed through the beautiful gift of adoption. Twice. Best decision we ever made! My husband and I live next door to his parents and a mile from his work. I teach in the community. I live 10 minutes from my siblings. I am active in the lives of my nieces and nephews. Love being an aunt! Now I am a great-aunt and they keep adding more! So fun! Second, I am not a counselor, professional support in any way for any of the topics I may share. I am a woman who has walked with God over 30 years and am blessed to share the journey in order to help others on theirs. Or maybe at least find humor in some of what God has done. Last, I love a good story with a laugh, lesson and lots of love. So, know sometimes I might be serious, but there is a funny nugget coming! So pour a cup of coffee or tea, grab your Bible and let's see where God takes us this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Normal

So many of us are getting use to the new normal after Covid. What that means for each of us is quite different, yet it's still a process...